View our latest stories and announcements. Subscribe to our newsletter and receive updates straight to your inbox
Let’s face it. At some point, no matter how high quality the product is, equipment or machinery will break down. Breakdowns can have major impacts on the efficiency of your production which in a worst-case scenario, can cost your business thousands of dollars. While breakdowns are inevitable, regular and professional air compressor maintenance assures the reliability and quality of your equipment.
So why should I invest in maintenance?
With regular maintenance, you lower the risk of your compressed air system breaking down which ultimately leads to lower profitability. Think of your air system like a car being serviced. Filters and fluids are replaced, cooling water is inspected, belts are adjusted, and leaks are identified and repaired. These regular checkups ensure your compressed air system remains reliable throughout its lifetime.
Without servicing, system integrity could be compromised when undetected problems deteriorate, leading to damage. At some point, this will cost you a lot to repair.
Can’t I just pay for maintenance when I need it?
Sure, but keep in mind that you’ll have to closely monitor your compressor’s service requirements and order each service separately. A slow procurement process can lead to a delayed service which potentially means an increase in overall costs.
What are the risks of delaying my maintenance checks?
Most parts within your compressed air system have a specified lifespan. Failure to replace them on time can impact your compressor’s overall efficiency and reliability. Not only does this increase ongoing production costs but also the chance of a breakdown occurring which can have an even bigger impact on profitability.
How do energy costs affect my budget?
The biggest part of the total cost of ownership for compressed air equipment is energy consumption. If you fail to properly maintain your air compressor system, pressure drops may occur, decreasing the system’s efficiency.
During an average compressor’s lifetime of around 10 years, the cost of compressed air is roughly divided up as 73% energy costs with the remaining 27% divided between capital costs, installation and maintenance. In reality, producing 1 kW of compressed air requires 8 kW of electricity. So, if you’re not evaluating the energy performance of your system, you are potentially converting your money into thin air.
How often should my receiver be inspected?
Under the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 requirements and AS/NZS 3788:2006, routine biennial inspections of pressure vessels is mandatory.
Pressure vessels used in the workplace present a lot of potential dangers when not properly maintained which can cause damage to property, injury and even death. This is why it’s essential to properly install and service receivers and ensure that all of your equipment complies with the relevant AS standards and Worksafe WA regulations.
Do I have to register my receiver?
As per the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 1996 along with AS/NZS 3788:2006, registration of pressure vessels is mandatory in order to assess safety and to detect any dangerous deterioration.
Interested in learning more about Nessco Pressure Systems servicing and maintenance capabilities? Then get in contact today.